Monday, April 19, 2010

brown rice vs white rice

Owh ya.. remember my post on ecoBrown’s? tried this brown rice last thurs. yes.. after almost a week bought it! haha. well well..


1)  what I like about the rice? The nutritional value
2) how does it looks like after cooked? Agak burukla compare to white rice. Hoho. Mixture of brownish & white colour. Same as above..
3)  how does the texture? Its melekat2 with each other, fairly sticky *its easy for Chinese to eat with chopstick*
4) how does it taste? Taste quite good. Takde pon rasa2 pelik. Quite tasty for me!
5) what I dislike about it? The stickiness
6) would I continue to eat? hurm…erm… for its highly nutritional value, I would say yes! For its texture, maybe *im thinking*

I google-d about this brown rice vs white rice. What captured me most is that there is not much different in terms of where does it comes from. Both come from the same padi. The only different is that brown rice is simply white rice that has not had the brown-colored bran covering removed. This means brown rice is considered a whole grain. Tu saje! So what makes it sooooo different?? It’s the nutritional %. Haa…. Apekah itu?? This is what surprised me…

“The complete milling and polishing that converts brown rice into white rice destroys 67% of the vitamin B3, 80% of the vitamin B1, 90% of the vitamin B6, half of the manganese, half of the phosphorus, 60% of the iron, and all of the dietary fiber and essential fatty acids.”
*source : www.whfoods.com

Hurmmmmmmmmmmm…… can anyone tell me how to make me L.O.V.E it?
Heeeellppp me~~~

No comments:

read.more.on.my.journey

Related Posts with Thumbnails