yup our face is our most previous thing. its the asset that is seen by everyone. remember my post on flawless skin~ im sharing you now the
dos & donts
for our asian skin care routine
our skin care routine should have...
1) Wash your face regularly with a mild face wash. If your skin is too oily then wash your face more often. But caution!!! Too frequent wash will lead to dryness. My beautician once said.. “maximum twice a day only”
2) Cleanse your face daily, if your skin type is oily cleanse more than once. Choose a cleanser that will suit your skin type in particular. For sensitive and dry skin use a moisturizing cleanser.
3) Use a mild scrub to clean your skin deeply. It is advisable to use facial scrub only twice a week.
4) Toning will remove dirt, if any, left behind after cleansing. Toning the skin will help the skin benefit from other products, toning should be done after cleansing the face. For oily skin, toning has to be twice a day, for dry skin toning has to be done once a day. Toning helps in reducing the pores and balances the pH level in the skin.
5) For dry skin use a moisturizer, use it repeatedly through the day as per your skin requirements. For people with oily skin use an oil-free and light moisturizer.
6) Wear a sunscreen with SPF 15 to 30 for protection from sunrays. If you spend more time in the sunlight use a stronger sunscreen. Sunscreen prevents wrinkles, dark spots, pre-mature aging and skin cancer.
7) In the evening cleanse your face again and use a rejuvenating product such as retinoid, beta hydroxy acids, kinerase, antioxidant, alpha hydroxy acids, etc. Asians skin is more sensitive to alpha hydroxy acid than beta hydroxy acid.
things you should avoid....
1) Do not use scented products for sensitive skin; all herbal products are not always natural. Please check before you buy one.
2) While choosing a moisturizer, check if it has any clogging agent that can block the pores in your skin. Avoid moisturizers with Vitamin A or retinol as they can dry your skin further. Also avoid Vaseline type of moisturizer as it can be oily and thus produce acnes in your skin.
3) People with a dark skin should also use a sunscreen for protection from sun; it is a myth that they don’t need a sunscreen. Use a sunscreen with SPF 4.
4) Never buy an over the counter product for treating skin conditions, this may worsen the existing problem.
lets book for a facial today peeps!!